License to play music in restaurants, cafes using CDs, tapes, radio, television, live performances, or DJs
License to play music in a restaurant, cafe and restaurant chain
There are two types of annual blanket licenses for restaurants
- License for public performance of background music only, from various mechanical means (audio systems of various types, audio files, discs, mobile phones, personal computers, laptops, tablets, radio, television, online internet platforms for playing music), excluding business events and family events. See tariff according to table #1
- License for shows by local artists, including DJs, for which no entrance fees are charged, and in addition there is no requirement to fulfill any condition for entry (such as a minimum order). This license does not include paid shows and/or shows by foreign artists. See tariff according to table #2
The main terms of the license
- Reporting requirements before playing music concerning the characteristics of the business and the use of protected works:
– Playing background music – the applicant for the license will contact ACUM and report the maximum seat capacity in the business and the number of days of weekly activity in the business
– Local artists’ shows without entrance fees – to the extent that local artists’ shows (including DJ performances) are held at the business, no entrance fees are charged for them and there is no requirement to fulfill any condition for entry (such as a minimum order) – the license applicant will report the number of days of the week on which the shows are held.
- Acquisition of the annual license fee – the applicant for the license will pay the annual license fee to ACUM in accordance with the parameters applicable to the business according to the ACUM tariff detailed below.
- First year discount – a customer who arranges a license in the first year of opening his business will enjoy a discount of 10% of the rate – for the first year only. The discount will be granted on the condition that the royalties are paid to ACUM in the first year of operation of the business and subject to the production of official documents showing the opening date of the business
- Seasonal annual activity will be billed proportionally to the months of activity
Limitations of the license: The license does not include use of the works in advertising, including the creation of a connection between the work/works and the product/service, use of moral rights, use of the right to create derivative works, performance rights, record rights and any other right not expressly mentioned therein
Table No. 1
Annual fee for playing background music from the ACUM repertoire through mechanical means of playback (audio systems of various types, audio files, discs, mobile phones, personal computers, laptops, tablets, radio, television, online internet platforms for playing music)
Annual sum in NIS+VAT
|1,283||Up to 30|
17 for every additional seat
Table No. 2
Tariff for performances by local artists, including DJs, with no entrance fees and there is no requirement to fulfill any condition for entry (such as a minimum order). This tariff covers the playing of background music on the days when such shows take place
|Annual sum in NIS+VAT||Maximum capacity|
|61for every additional seat||Over 201|
Clarifications regarding business chains:
Arranging licenses from several branches of the same chain in a centralized manner will entitle the network to an operating discount of 10%. A condition for receiving the operating discount is that the branches are associated with the same brand and the same legal entity
ACUM tariff – general conditions
- The stated tariffs are published by ACUM Ltd., the Association of Authors, Composers, and Publishers of Music in Israel (hereinafter: “ACUM”). Tariffs are established at ACUM’s discretion and exclusive responsibility.
- The rates displayed on the website do not constitute a license to use the works of ACUM’s repertoire. Before using works from the ACUM repertoire, the user must contact ACUM and arrange a written usage license in advance.
- The actual license fee for each user will be determined based on the relevant data and parameters pertaining to each client. Anyone wishing to license the use of ACUM’s repertoire must transfer all information and data required to enable ACUM to determine the applicable and correct tariff rate for each specific user.
- ACUM reserves the right to make changes in tariffs periodically.
- In case of discrepancies between any terms of the published tariffs and terms on the license – agreed upon and signed by the licensee -, the content of the license shall take precedence.
- The stated tariffs do not include Value Added Tax (VAT). VAT will be added to any payment according to the legal rate. A tax invoice will be issued, as required by law.
7. All the above are subject to terms applicable to ACUM according to the determinations of the Antitrust Tribunal.