License for the public performance of music by the local authorities, Local Council T012
ACUM fees for local authorities and regional councils
The fees are valid as of January 1, 2016
Starting on January 1, 2016, the authority must obtain licenses for any public performance of works from ACUM’s repertoire by the authority or any of its appointees, by any category of usage as displayed on this website, and pay royalties in accordance with ACUM’s fee schedule for every kind of use (for example: music played at a performance, in group activities, at a pool or country club, at festivals or book fairs, and so on).
If the regional or local authority operates a pool or country club where background music is played, the authority must pay royalties in accordance with ACUM’s fee schedule for the music played at a country club.
If the authority holds a musical performance, then the authority must pay royalties in accordance with ACUM’s fee schedule for performances.
If the authority runs a dance group, then the authority must pay royalties in accordance with ACUM’s fee schedule for group activities.
According to the conditions set for ACUM’s activity as determined for it by the Anti-Trust Court, an authority that differs regarding the above-mentioned fee rate may pay temporary usage fees (as detailed below) beginning on January 1, 2016.
In such a case, ACUM has the right to go to the authorized court to sue for the difference between the amount of royalties it demands and the temporary usage fees (unless you signed an appropriate arbitration agreement).
The conditions for ACUM’s activity may be found on its website at the following address: www.acum.org.il
Temporary Usage Fees for 2020
Playing music from ACUM’s repertoire at events held by the local authority
Type of activity
Amount per year (not including VAT)
Events free of charge to NIS 19.00
NIS 0.40 per resident
Events charging NIS 19.00 and up
3 percent of revenues for the difference between NIS 19.00 and the total ticket price
Clarification: This fee is according to the framework agreement that was signed with the Federation of Local Authorities in Israel and the authorities themselves (03.08.200) and ended at 31.12.2015.
ACUM’s fees: General conditions
- The fees listed below are published by ACUM Ltd., the Organization of Composers, Authors and Publishers of Music in Israel (hereinafter “ACUM”). The fees have been set with the approval of ACUM and are under its sole responsibility.
- The fees shown on the website do not constitute a license to use works from ACUM’s repertoire. Before using works from ACUM’s repertoire, the user must contact ACUM and obtain a written license for use in advance.
- The final licensing fees for each individual user shall be set on the basis of the relevant statistics and parameters regarding them. Any applicant for a license to use works in ACUM’s repertoire must provide all information and required data to ACUM to enable ACUM to set the applicable and proper fee rate for that user.
- ACUM reserves the right to change the fees from time to time.
- In any case of contradiction between the fees displayed on the website and the user license signed with the one who obtained the license, the user license signed with the one who obtained the license shall apply.
- The amounts named in this fee schedule do not include VAT. VAT shall be added at its legal rate to every payment upon submission of a tax invoice as required by law.
- All the above is subject to the conditions that apply to ACUM according to the ruling of the Antitrust Court.