ACUM Tariff for Ships – Year 2022
The annual rate for a public performance of works from the ACUM repertoire on a ship during cruises is calculated by multiplying the number of rooms on the ship by NIS 100 plus VAT.
The payment of royalties covers the public performance of works from the ACUM repertoire on ships during cruises, including the use of works in classes, the onboard gym, background music in public areas, background music in the pool, public performance of TV broadcasts, live performances, family celebrations such as bar mitzvahs, birthdays etc.
A customer whose current year is the first year to operate as a business will enjoy a discount of 10% of the rate – for the first year only.
The discount will be granted on the condition that the royalties are paid to ACUM in the first year of operation of the business and is subject to providing official documentation proving the date of opening the business.
Example Summary of License Terms – Link –
The conditions listed below do not constitute a license but are a summary of the license the user will receive. The actual license may include additional terms.
- The rates are published by ACUM Ltd., The Association of Composers, Authors and Publishers of Music in Israel (hereinafter: “ACUM”). The rates are set at the discretion of ACUM and at its sole risk.
- The tariffs displayed on the website do not constitute a license for the use of works from the ACUM repertoire. Before using works from the ACUM repertoire, the user must contact ACUM and arrange for a written license for the use of works from the ACUM repertoire in advance.
- The final license fee for each user will be determined based on the data and parameters pertaining to each user. Anyone applying for a license to use works from the ACUM repertoire undertakes to provide ACUM with all the necessary and truthful information and data, in order to enable ACUM to determine the applicable and correct tariff rate for each particular user.
- ACUM reserves the right to change tariffs periodically.
- In any case of discrepancy between the rates published on the website and the license of use signed with the licensee, what is stated in the license of use signed with the licensee shall prevail.
- The amounts specified in this tariff do not include VAT, for each payment, VAT will be added at its legal rate, in exchange for a lawful tax invoice.
- All of the above is subject to the conditions applicable to ACUM as determined by the Antitrust Authority in Israel.